Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Colorful Coastal Retreat

Right about now I start dreaming about summer beach vacations. And yes, I live at the beach, but I start dreaming about where my family goes to the beach every year in Beaufort, North Carolina, and heading out in the boat for long days anchored off sandbars that often involve coolers filled with heirloom tomato sandwiches on white bread and cold beers.

Thankfully the story I produced for the current issue of Coastal Living magazine about a family house on Kiawah Island, South Carolina, by North Carolina interior designer Jamie Meares is keeping me in a summer state of mind, even in the dead of winter.

To read more about the colorful, airy, happy design goodness, turn to page 26 of the magazine.




(photos by Julia Lynn for Coastal Living magazine)

No comments: